New High Temp MaterialOctober 12, 2021
Figure 4® High Temp 150°C FR Black is a rigid, flame-retardant black material that can be used for production parts requiring UL94 V0 rating as well as FAR 25.853 and 23.853 capability. It provides long-term environmental stability with an injection moulded-like surface quality.
This material is recommended for defence, aerospace, consumer, and transportation applications that require performance at high temperatures like brackets, covers, and circuit board housings and covers.
Figure 4 High Temp is tested to 8 years of indoor and 1.5 years of outdoor mechanical performance per ASTM D4329 and ASTM G194 methods, ensuring that printed parts remain functional and stable for long periods in real-world conditions.
- Printed circuit board covers
- Electrical and under-hood housings requiring UL94 V0 rating
- Rigid covers, hangers, and brackets
- Small FAR 25/23.853 in-cabin parts
- Flame retardant parts for trains and buses
- Self-extinguishing, flame-retardant material
- High heat deflection temperature for demanding applications
- Excellent surface quality, accuracy & repeatability
- Capable of plating and painting
- Passes UL94 V0 test standards @ 2 mm and 3 mm thickness
- Passes FAR Part 25.853 @ 12-second vertical burn and HB testing @ 3 mm thickness
- Passes FAR Part 23.853 @ 12-second vertical burn and HB testing @ 3 mm thickness
- Passes UL 746C GWIT and GWFI @ 2 mm and 3 mm thickness
- >150C @ 0.455 MPa HDT
- 2900 MPa flexural modulus
- Long-term indoor and outdoor environmental stability of mechanical properties